Monday, June 1, 2009

June is Busting Out All Over



See those biased-cut asparagus stems? That's what I learned this week from Heidi Swanson's blog, 101 Cookbooks. I've done the diagonal cut with carrots and summer squash forever; makes everything cook faster and looks pretty, but I've always just done asparagus as a whole spear.

Go Diagonal with your Asparagus!

This was my quick, cheap and so delicious supper last night:

sauteed onion, yellow squash and asparagus - - tender tips on their own, stalks cut as elongated coins on the diagonal.

1/3 bag of Quorn, which is described as Quorn, a non-animal protein made from fungus. I don't know what it is but it's not meat nor dairy nor soy and coupon.mom has supplied me with a slew of half-off coupons for it. PFF for sure. That's chicken-style hunks of Quorn in the top photo.

Asparagus was way-cheap. Just there for the picking.

No comments:

Post a Comment